Our Statement of Faith…
What We Believe
- We believe that all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that all scripture is centered in and about the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Godhead eternally exists in three persons: The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, and that these three are one God.
- We believe that one of the created angels, Lucifer, is the originator of sin, and thereby became Satan.
- We believe that Satan, under the permission of God, led our first parents into transgression.
- We believe that Satan was judged at the cross, and under the permission of God, now rules as god of this world.
- We believe that man was originally created in the image and likeness of God and that man fell into sin and is therefore dead toward God in trespasses and sins.
- We believe that this sinful nature has been transmitted to the entire human race – the God-Man Christ Jesus excepted.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death and burial, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His future personal return to power and glory.
- We believe that our redemption has been accomplished entirely by the shed blood of our Lord Jesus Christ and the finished work of the cross.
- We believe that the new birth of the believer comes only through faith in Christ and the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that through faith in Christ one becomes a child of God and passes immediately out of spiritual death into spiritual life and is accepted and sealed in Christ by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the weight of scripture points to the believer’s eternal position in Christ.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit dwells in all believers and is the source of power to worship, to serve, and to live a godly life.
- We believe that we are called to walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. We believe that such a walk is energized by the Holy Spirit through a diversity of enabling gifts for service.
- We believe that our Lord Jesus Christ has commissioned the saved to make Christ and His life known to the world